Sunday 22 July 2012

Galaxy Nail Tutorial!

Hey everyone! Today was my first attempt at galaxy nails! I was quite scared that it would be really hard but I was completely wrong! These nails are (surprisingly) very easy! Please enjoy this tutorial and if you try it I would love you to send me a picture on my Facebook page!



What You Will Need:
-A base/top coat (optional)
-White nail polish
-Finley milled glitter polish
-Black polish
-Pink nail polish
-Light blue polish
-Light purple polish
-Dark/middle blue polish
-A makeup sponge
-Tweezers
-Something with a sharp end such
as a safety pin or toothpick 



Step 1:
Paint your nails your nails with a base coat (optional) and then apply 2 coats of black polish or until the colour is solid.



Step 2:
Put a few drops of white polish onto a surface. Rip off a small piece of sponge and with tweezers dip it in the white polish.


Sponge the white on different parts of your nail to create a "nebula".



Step 3:
Do the same with the light blue and apply it over the white. Don't cover the white completely as you want some of it to show through. (Sorry the lighting in the second picture is very bright.)



Step 4:
Do the same with the purple, and ad a little bit of pink in the 'corners' of the nebula. I also applies some light patches of purple on some of the black. Then apply some of the dark blue on the edge of the white so the white blends into the black better.



Step 5:
With a pin/toothpick/safety pin (I used a safety pin although I think that was the hard way) dip it in some white polish and put little dots on the side of the 'nebula' On each nail I also drew little cross like shapes to look like twinkling stars.



Step 6:
Apply a coat of the glitter polish, finnish with a top coat, and you are done!
(The glitter didn't really show up in this picture ):



I really hope you all enjoyed this really fun and cute nail tutorial! It didn't take me that long and I am really happy with the results. Don't forget that if you try it out to post a picture to my Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/Luckybeauty07





19 comments:

  1. Wow they look so cool!! Thanks for the tutorial you make it seem super simple, did you have to wait for each colour to dry completely before adding the next in?

    Did it take long for you to do them all?

    Hannah xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks! I just did one nail at a time. So I did the white on each nail, then the blue etc. So by the time I had done each nail the first one was ready to go for the next colour. (If that makes sense) Also, it is only a very thin layer of polish that is used so it doesn't take long to dry. It doesn't really matter anyway if the colours smudge together, it is all part of the effect!

      Sophie xx

      Delete
  2. These look amazing! So colourful :)

    Alice

    http://secretsofawannabecharlotte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so pretty! Im definitely going to try this out, great tutorial x

    www.staceykane1988.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Post a photo to my Facebook page if you do!

      Sophie xx

      Delete
  4. Your nails look awesome!!! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are actually amazing. Definitely going to try this out, i love it! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Please send me a pic on my Facebook page!

      Sophie xx

      Delete
  6. So pretty!! Awesome job girl!!

    http://dulcet-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is so cool! looks great! i may give this a go myself! :)

    http://she-shops-alot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It is quite easy! :)

      Sophie xx

      Delete
  8. These are SO CUTE girl! I tried galaxy nails one time and they didn't turn out too well :( but I really love how you did these so I might just have to give it a go again.

    I'm also majoring in astronomy, you'd think I'd have the whole galaxy thing down by now hahah ;)



    <3
    http://nicolealexandrasbloggity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that must be so interesting! Definatly try it out, and send me a pic on my fb page if you do! :) Great blog btw, love it.

      Sophie xx

      Delete
  9. Why didnt you give credit to chalkboardnails?

    ReplyDelete